Use the Genealogy Collection
he Keck Memorial Library’s genealogy collection can be found in the Zella McNeil Room. Material found there is considered reference material and cannot be checked out.
Included in this collection is:
- Springer’s History
- The Louisa County Cemetery Book
- Microfilm of the county newspapers dating back to 1859
- Microfilm of old courthouse records (deeds, probates, marriages, births, etc.)
- Microfilm of old Louisa County census
- Portrait and Biographical Album (1889)
- Florence Potter Wapello High School scrapbooks
A microfilm reader/printer is available for use. Staff will be available to instruct you on its use. Copies can be made from the microfilm reader and are 10 cents per page. The digital microfilm reader also allows users to save to a CD or flash drive.
A copy machine is available at the front desk and the staff will make copies for you. Click here to see the library’s copying policy.
Louisa County Genealogy information can also be found at these websites: