Your Library Card
Who is eligible to get a library card?
Residents of the cities of Wapello, Oakville & rural Louisa County.
How does a person apply for a card?
A Current Photo ID
Under 18 MUST have a guardian present with their ID
No New Library Cards issued within 15 minutes of closing time
By signing the application, the applicant agrees to follow the rules and policies of the Keck Memorial Library and will be held responsible for any materials, fines, or fees for items that have been checked out on the card.
Replacement of lost library cards is $1.00
How to use the library card?
- You may use your card to check out books and other materials
- DVDs are checked out for 3 days NO RENEWALS OR RESERVES
- Books and Audios are checked out for a 2 week period
- New Magazines are checked out for 5 days
- Materials not found in our library may be borrowed from another library through Interlibrary Loan
- Materials may be returned to the front desk during open hours. A book drop, as well as, a DVD drop box is available in the library entryway for the return of all materials after hours.
- Books, audios, music CD's, and older magazines may be renewed by visiting the library, calling the library or e-mailing the library.
- All overdues are 10 cents per item per day except DVDs which are 50 cents per item per day.
- Make Requests or Reserves for an item by talking to a librarian, calling the Library, e-mailing, text message or through our online catalog.
- New Patrons are allowed to check out 3 books but are NOT allowed to check out DVDs for the first 30 days.
- You can also sign up for text alerts and let our automated system renew your materials for you! Ask us How!