Your Library Card
- Who is eligible to get a library card?
Residents of Wapello, Oakville, or Louisa County may get a library card
- How does a person apply for a card?
Library cards may be applied for during library hours (until 15 minutes before closing time) at the front desk.
Adults applying for a card must bring identification with their current address (such as a driver's license or photo ID) and fill out an application.
Children under 18 must be accompanied by parents or guardians to sign the library card application accepting responsibility for the child. Parents/guardians must have identification with them.
By signing the application, the applicant agrees to follow the rules and policies of the Keck Memorial Libary and will be held responsible for any materials, fines, or fees for items that have been checked out on the card.
Replacement of lost library cards is $1.00.
- How to use the library card
- You may use your card to check out books and other materials
- Books and Audios are checked out for a 2 week period
- New Magazines and Video/DVD can be checked out for 3 days
- Materials not found in our library may be borrowed from another library through Interlibrary Loan
- Materials may be returned to the front desk during open hours. A drop box is available in the library entryway for return of all materials except videos/ DVDs after hours.
- Books, audios, music CD's, and older magazines my be renewed by visting the library, calling the library or e-mailing the library.
- All overdues are 5 cents per item per day exept video/DVD which are 50 cents per item per day.
- Requests for an item may be made by talking to a librarian, calling the libary, e-mailing, or using the on-line form
- Items may be reserved in person, by phone, on-line, or by e-mail.
Click here to download a PDF version of our Library Card Application